Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently looking for a Composites Manufacturing Engineer to work for one of our Aerospace clients based in Bromborough, Wirral, UK.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this is a role for an experienced composites professional with significant hands-on experience of cleanroom operations, best practices, and improvements.
You will be responsible for leading composite manufacturing improvements, including identifying & delivering future composite cleanroom development projects. This may also involve aiding and advising cleanroom staff on best practices and principles, creating, and managing operational SOP`s and Internal Customer/Supplier interface on specific projects. You will also be responsible for the well-being and Health & Safety of yourself and fellow workers as well as any other duties as required.
Ideally you will have a background in composites with demonstrable experience in pre-preg hand layup techniques. You will also ideally have experience of training/developing/mentoring junior colleagues within composites manufacturing and as such be able to demonstrate and develop composites manufacturing processes. Some knowledge of Project Management principles and tools is desirable, particularly on NPI applications, as would knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and tools.
In return for your hard work, our client offers the following benefits package:
- Salary sacrifice-led pension plan that matches employee contributions up to 6%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free life assurance cover at the value of four times basic annual salary
- Holiday purchase scheme which enables employees to purchase an additional week's worth of annual leave each year
- Comprehensive wellbeing programme that supports employees with their physical, mental, and financial health, as well as their cultural/environmental wellbeing
- Competitive employee discounts platform that provides employees with discounts with leading brands/retailers
- Internal reward and recognition scheme linked to internal benefits platform
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced family-friendly benefits
- Company sick pay
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee that supports and champions employee diversity
- Local discounts and offers (e.g., gyms)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.