Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work for our Marine Defence client based in Poole, Bournemouth, UK.
Working as part of a wider team the role of the manufacturing engineer is to provide information to the shop floor to enable efficient manufacturing of component parts. Understanding the use of CAD is essential in this role, as is a good understanding of the processes involved in kitting and manufacturing components. Attention to detail and a methodical approach are also important attributes.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering.
* Create manufacturing works instructions & visual aids. (lay-up/assembly manuals).
* Interrogation of customer drawings and CAD data to produce ply templates, foam kits etc.
* Devise innovative manufacturing solutions.
* Anticipate and overcome manufacturing challenges.
* Create Part Number's, Routing's, BOM's on our MRP system in line with customer/process requirements.
* Managing configuration control on projects you are accountable for;
- Mould tool, assembly fixture & manufacturing aid design when required.
* Assist with cost estimation on new projects.
* Identify and implement improvement opportunities within the organisation.
* Support, encourage & develop shop floor operatives.
* Pro actively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere.
* Liaising with customers & suppliers as required.
* Support and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
* Strong understanding of industry best practise of manufacturing processes and procedures.
* Strong working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD.
* Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Please be aware that many roles are subject to security control. Successful candidates must pass a DBS check and be eligible to apply for a level of UK National Security Vetting.
Must have rights to work in UK (Sponsorship not available)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.