Sitec a Belcan Company has an opportunity for a checker and approver for a Contract role in Bristol. ort. The required individual will work within the In-Service Technical Support Section which provides a variety of technical support functions with regards to the UK, Canadian and Australian In-Service Submarine Fleets.
The role will be Checking/Approval of In Service Support drawings for UK and Canadian Weapons Handling & Discharge Systems and Submerged Signal Ejectors updated for obsolescence, upgrades and amendments. The successful candidate will join a growing team of a dozen originators, checkers and approvers currently conducting work across various contracts.
HNC/HND or Degree mechanical Engineering
Candidates without these qualifications will be considered, if they can demonstrate considerable relevant experience.
- Extensive experience of checking and approving drawings in high integrity systems (defence, oil and gas, nuclear, aerospace etc).
- Good, broad, engineering design knowledge.
- Good understanding of current Defence Standards.
- Good understanding of Engineering Drawing configuration control.
- Good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient at 2D and 3D CAD, NX preferred.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Skills which would be an advantage
- Previous experience of checking of First Level/QCA equipment (enhanced quality requirements).
- Experience of Teamcenter document management system or similar.
- Direct experience with UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
- Knowledge of MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control.
Must have a background that will allow security clearance to be obtained
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan