Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit a part time CAD Designer / Draughtsman for a multinational oil and gas corporation. The post is based in Southampton, Hampshire and is an estimated 10 month contract starting in February 2022 and is paying competitively on a PAYE and Umbrella hourly basis for a 15 hour week. The client is flexible how these hours are worked.
This position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
Scope of work
- Primarily site based role Site/Unit induction required
- Desk based for simple drawing updates
- Manage version control of master drawings
- Field reconciliation required for more complex updates
Develop and maintain 2D CAD drawings (e.g. PFD's, P&ID's, One-Lines, General Layouts for all disciplines, Plans, Sections and Details, etc.) using software such as AutoCAD (required), MicroStation and/or SmartSketch. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, plans, schedules, and data sheets.
- Prepare dimensional drawings for layouts and non-dimensional drawings such as one lines, etc. Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers, etc.
- Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design team of each individual project assignment. Interface management across disciplines.
- Document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
- Coordination and communication of various issues among the company and contractors engineering team that affect the discipline engineering drawings.
- Keep Supervisor informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-10 years of related experience required.
- Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- General knowledge of 2D CAD software AutoCAD / MicroStation / SmartSketch
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan