Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader. Today, Belcan has over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
To better serve customers, Belcan created four business models designed to act as centres of excellence: Engineering Solutions, Workforce Solutions, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Solutions and Government Solutions. Each unit is designed to accelerate the business goals of our customers through unmatched expertise and a commitment to measurable results.
We are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to build new focussed, strategic relationships within existing Belcan Group clients, in collaboration with the Belcan account managers in order to grow our customer base and increase revenue in line with company targets. The role will be home based with regular visits to our offices in South West London, Derby, Bristol, Runcorn and East Kilbride with travel to client locations. A competitive base salary is on offer along with additional performance incentives.
- Grow the Belcan customer base within the EV Propulsion market
- Increase Belcan revenue in line with company targets
Key Work Areas and Duties:
- Identify account managers and business relationships which will help grow the Belcan business
- Make introductions to Engineering and Sales colleagues in Belcan International
- Gain a broad technical and commercial understanding of how each Belcan business operates and provides its services to existing clients
- Develop a sound understanding of what the Belcan group companies can offer
- Identify other cross-selling opportunities for the wider Belcan International organisation
- Develop a set of case studies to provide focus on Belcan core services and capabilities
- Support and attend key industry events as part of an active marketing campaign
- Be able to differentiate between good and bad leads, based upon Belcan capability, likelihood of winning work, anticipated contract terms/basis and the projected margin
- Be able to filter what opportunities are better suited to which division of the other Belcan businesses.
- Prepare proposals and presentations to meet client specific requirements, utilising colleagues where appropriate
- Provide input and justification for using Belcan resources to bid for certain opportunities
- Input into and support in the preparation of bid submissions
- Liaise closely with current BD team and senior management to ensure co-ordination and awareness exists across the Belcan team
- Provide regular progress updates to BD team and senior management
- Maintain Salesforce as the tool for registering progress of opportunities and next actions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Engineering, manufacturing, or supply chain sales experience.
- Demonstrable experience in B2B sales (minimum 3 years with proven success)
- Good understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert 'on the job'
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose service-based solutions for clients
- Working knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) platforms.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.