Belcan Advanced Solutions (BAS) is a specialist engineering and technical consultancy providing control & instrumentation engineering, process & technical safety services, and OT cyber security services. Founded in 2008 we are a team of high calibre engineers and technical specialists and have a passion for combining engineering and innovation. At the end of 2019, the company was acquired by Belcan, an international engineering firm founded over 60 years ago, serving customers in over 60 locations worldwide, opening up a new chapter in the company's growth and providing access to innovative global projects.
We are seeking an experienced Business Developer to expand our operational technology and systems integration services (design, installation, commissioning and service) into existing and new clients within the UK and increase revenue from systems integration capabilities in line with company targets by growing the BAS customer base. The role will be home based with regular visits to our offices in South West London, Derby, Bristol, Runcorn and East Kilbride with travel to client locations. A competitive base salary is on offer along with additional performance incentives.
- Grow the BAS customer base for systems integration works and OT engineering services
- Work with technical teams to expand the BAS Systems Integration capabilities based on market requirements
- Increase BAS revenue in line with company targets
Key Work Areas and Duties:
Develop a focussed and measurable plan on how to achieve sales based upon an identified annual target/budget
- Develop leads through cold calling end users and contractors in specified industries and verticals
- Identify sales tools and support required to achieve success in pursuit of new business
- Register BAS with target markets through frameworks and relationships - public domain (advertised) and private (referrals, relationship development)
- Input into and support in the preparation of bid submissions
- Develop close relationship with our sister company, Belcan Test Systems, to demonstrate Systems Integration and manufacturing capability
- Liaise closely with current Business Development team and senior management to ensure co-ordination and awareness exists across the BAS team
- Identify other cross-selling opportunities for the wider Belcan International organisation
- Take responsibility for and utilise colleagues to collectively prepare proposals and solutions to meet client identified needs
- Present technical detail and advantages of propositions to customers including ability to provide detailed breakdown to show customers why a proposal will benefit their business technically and commercially
- Answer customer queries on technical capability, commercial and proposal-specific technical issues
- Provide a point of communication between the client and other Belcan Account Managers
- Provide hand-over support to the project execution team and commercial colleagues for secured contracts
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Knowledge of industrial systems integration and operational technologies (new and emerging)
- Demonstrable experience in technical systems B2B sales (minimum 3 years with proven success)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good understanding of industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert 'on the job'
Joining a team of 30 members of staff within Belcan Advanced Solutions, the role offers the opportunity to join a growing company with an expanding projects portfolio. Learning and development is actively encouraged for professional development, along with in-house mentoring opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.