Belcan Workforce Solutions is currently looking for a BMS V&V Engineer to work for our Off-Highway client based in Peterborough, UK.
The GED mechanical maintenance team provides expert technical support to the GED state-of-the-art engine test facility to ensure quality data output is maintained. The team has responsibility for the manufacture, implementation and upgrade of test facility support systems and rigs to assist in engine development and verification.
The team is additionally responsible for commissioning the multi-million pound engine test facility, which has world-class performance, emissions and mechanical validation capabilities. Team members interact with the wider facilities team as well as other departments within GED and the Industrial Power Systems Development Engineers.
The successful candidate will have the knowledge, base skills and experience to be able to maintain the mechanical plant within the GED facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today's technology.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to testbed and other facility breakdowns using fault finding to effectively conduct repairs using a variety of techniques.
- Cover the maintenance, repair and installation of new facility equipment.
- Engaging with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team including peers, engineers and external contractors.
- Run improvement and root cause investigation projects and present findings through technical presentations to the wider teams and management.
- Training and supporting apprentices and co-workers.
- Balancing workload and priorities in line with the business needs.
- Working to and modeling health and safety standards to keep individuals, team members and the public safe.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent and/or relevant job related experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of maintenance processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings and schematics.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles
- Fault finding and diagnostics on hydraulic systems or Fuel Systems.
- Laser alignment of rotating equipment.
Mechanical Maintenance - responding to all aspects of mechanical maintenance including breakdowns, planned works and Total Preventative maintenance working individually and among a diverse team.
Pneumatics and Hydraulics - Ability to respond to requests to install, fault diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including understanding and the use of schematic and detailed circuit drawings and schematics.
Pipe Fitting - Ability to provide the installation of all service systems within G.E.D. (With the exception of live steam). Including but not limited to; Compressed air, Process water, Chilled water, Low pressure hot water, diesel fuel and all associated components.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan