Cheltenham or Bristol
Belcan is looking for a Bid Manager to join its growing team based at either of its Bristol or Cheltenham offices, to be responsible for the entire lifecycle of bid management including co- ordination and production of the proposal documents in response to opportunities, which arise with both new and existing Engineering customers. Belcan provides engineering, consultancy and workforce solution services to some of the world's biggest organisations, covering industries from aerospace and defence through to heavy equipment and power generation.
The Bid Manager will work with cross-functional proposal team members to help respond to ITTs, RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and manage the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
- Creation, maintenance, management and ownership of an end-to-end bid process including delegation of authority, approvals and cross function bid framework.
- Introduction and implementation of all necessary document version control procedures and processes.
- Maintain, augment and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
- Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the bids and proposals
- Direct proposal kick-off and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans, Analyse RFQs, RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans
- Production and delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Ensure proposal documents follow corporate branding guidelines.
- Consolidate sections and/or documents developed by others team members into the required tender format.
- Maintain, make available and backup master document sets.
- Solicit management reviews and approvals during proposal development
- Reporting and trend analysis on progress of bids through the lifecycle, success/failure ratios, reason for failures where applicable and proposals for improvements.
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposal documents within a complex business environment.
- Understanding and interpreting requirements, instigating and leading proposal kick-off meetings, participating in storyboarding sessions.
- Attending review meetings, proposal preparation through to final document review, managing document governance / sign off, document production (electronic and hard copy), and delivery of the completed proposal.
- Advanced level MS Office skills (particularly MS Word, excel and Powerpoint). Professional understanding of document templates, macros and
Ideally Bristol or Cheltenham but could also be Derby or Runcorn based
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Due to the nature of the work, successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 07718489863 for more information.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.