Belcan is a global company that specialises in engineering, consulting, and technical services in the industrial, aerospace, and automotive industries. Our Runcorn Delivery centre specialises within the Automotive and Transportation Sector.
Due to continued growth within this division we are now seeking to appoint an Automotive Engineering Team Leader this role will report directly to the Head of Function (Automotive) and will be based from the Runcorn Delivery Centre. The Team Leader will provide leadership and direction to the engineers within this function, which can include aspects EV design, Hydrogen, FMEA, validation and verification for Automotive Industry. The Team Leader will liaise directly with customers and provide technical guidance and support to the team as required. The Team Leader will work with Head of Function (Automotive) to develop a strategy for successful growth of the Automotive vertical within Belcan.
The Team leader will interact with customer technical focal points, ensuring on-time on-budget delivery in accordance with customer requirements and quotations.
Possessing strong commercial knowledge the Team Lead will agree and define deliverables for customer quotation's by understanding in house resource capability and how to maximise the billability of the team in order to meet budgets and avoid overspend, while providing cost savings for our customers.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Degree in Automotive, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong technical capabilities in a variety of Automotive related engineering procedural requirements and processes
- At least 10 years' experience in a technical function (preferably in a managed service environment).
- Comprehensive toolset knowledge
- Experienced in creating and forming flexible teams.
- Able to cultivate a culture of: Earned Trust, People First, Performance Driven and Passion with Purpose.
- Excellent motivational skills and behaviours.
- Able to discuss and communicate on highly technical aspects, both internally and with Belcan clients.
- Can direct and influence others in the use of principle, concepts and theories relating to their function
- Ability to plan day to day activities of team
- Ability to understand the strengths and weakness of the team and can utilise delegation, mentoring, support and tutelage to provide the best team solution
- When challenged will be able to lead robust and constructive debate and discussion on the task activities
- Adaptable approach to cope with flexible opportunities and demands
- Experience in a number of Automotive engineering functions
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.