Belcan Workforce Solutions has a great opportunity for an AutoCAD Technician to join our expanding on-site UK team for a major and prestigious scientific and pharmaceutical giant based in Cambridge.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for providing Facilities Management with key asset information to support business operations and compliance. The role requires expert knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to convert this knowledge and experience into customer focused based solutions. This involves being part of a wider information management team who are responsible for capturing, collating, recording and updating of asset information across the FM portfolio. The role requires significant contact with other FM partner suppliers and project organisations. The focus is on providing a professional, consistent and reliable asset information management service to record, manage and provide information in the most efficient and effective way.
Reporting to the Drawing Management Team Leader as an AutoCAD Technician you will provide critical technical support to Facilities Management/Site Engineering in the creation, development, modification and management of building record family drawings, site drawings and utility drawings in-line with company procedures and standards.
- Develop a good working relationship with the technicians, engineers and service providers
- Adhere to the correct procedures/processes/standards and utilise in-house systems to ensure that the drawings are updated and maintained in the most efficient manner.
- Champion and support others with the company drawing standards to ensure data quality is maintained through any change process.
- Create new drawings
- Manage and maintain record family drawings
- Minor or major drawing modifications
- Building/site surveys
- Manage workflows
- Planning activities
- Technical support
Must Have Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences
- Proven experience of working on a resent/current version of the AutoCAD software working to industry standards
- You will have the ability to work in a structured way with a good attention to detail and be able to prioritise your work.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues, customer and stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills supported by excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
- Excellent time management
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) familiarity.
- Understanding of change, revision control, document status and drawing standards
- Nice to Have Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experiences
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering background
- knowledge of a variety of engineering disciplines
- Surveying skills.
- Revit/BIM - Revit experience or interest. Training given for transition to Revit
- Ensure the compliance of all engineering documentation within the companies FDA compliant, validated Electronic Drawing/Document Management System.
- Adhere to the correct procedures/processes/standards and utilise in-house systems to ensure that the Asset Information is collated, updated and maintained in the most efficient manner across these systems.
- To use own initiative to anticipate and prepare for specific opportunities/problems and act quickly and decisively to reach satisfactory resolutions.
- Motivate and assist in the development of team members to maximise their contribution to the Business.
- Work closely with all products and service groups in AIT to deliver asset information to user groups.
- Support and work closely with the technicians and engineers to create/maintain and modify multidiscipline drawings using the latest AutoCAD software releases.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan.