Belcan Workforce Solutions are currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager
for a Defence establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The position has been deemed Inside of IR35.
To deliver low risk, low complexity tasks/work packages within a formal project environment to contribute towards successful completion of projects, under the control of a project manager or senior project manager, compliant with the company's processes.
Key requirements and essential skills for the role
This role is situated in the Capital Projects Office as part of the Company's Infrastructure Programme. You will support Central Projects Governance, Performance and the Integration of Large portfolio of Capital infrastructure Projects. Experience in Change management, Governance, Reporting and working in a PSO / PMO is desirable
- Undertake tasks for Governance (compliance and reporting).
- Task management of project resources (people, money).
- Support the planning of the task/project.
- Deliver work as defined in the Work Authorisation Document (WAD).
- Support and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Support, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
Desirable - Formal Project Management Qualification (i.e APM, PMP)
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan