Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking to recruit an Analyser Maintenance Technician for a Private Oil and Gas Company in Fife, Scotland. The post is initially for a 24 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Analyser Technician Role:
- Carry out fault finding, maintenance, installation and modification of ph, Conductivity, Moisture, H2S, CO2, SO2, Oxygen, Silica, Infrared, Water Quality, Density, Combustible Gas Detection and Gas Chromatographs..
- Directs and participates in the inspection and testing of completed work, ensuring quality & conformity to prescribed standards set out by regulators such as SEPA and the HSE.
- Ensures company standards, codes of practice and procedures are adhered to.
- Gives direction and on-the-job training to Analyser Technicians and trainees
- Identifies materials and spare part requirements by the use of SAP interrogation Updates drawings and maintenance procedures as required CompEx Certified.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting inspections on Analyser equipment Respond / support plant requirements on a 'call out' basis outside of normal working hours.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups
- Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices
- Is responsible and accountable for control systems as defined in the Work Management Manual
- Has the knowledge to apply and follow work permits through Permit To Work System (PTWS) as discussed in the Work Management Manual
- Ensures the quality and timely completion of work scheduled by the Maintenance Program
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Develops and maintains open communications on control issues (for example, safe work practices, training, materials, and others) with co-workers
- Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to complement the efforts of other work groups
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument systems
- Is able to generate Management of Change requests (MOCs) on control-related equipment and installation and can follow up with installation inspections consistent with Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) Element 3
- Constructs, monitors, and inspects new installations for their consistency with the mission and recommend upgrades as necessary
- Acts as a stand-in for the Instrument Lead position as needed SKILLS AND
QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
- Associates degree preferably enhanced by related technical school courses
- A minimum of 10 years of maintaining Instruments and Controls in processing plant or offshore production plant General Technical Skills
- Is familiar with regulations applicable to the operations of oil and gas facilities
- OIMS systems, related manuals, and procedures Specific Technical Skills
- Meets the safety, administrative, and technical training requirements associated with this position as documented in the company operations-approved training roadmap
- Possesses the general competencies and Operations Integrity Critical competency requirements as documented and maintained in company Operations Training roadmap
- Experience with Siemens Maxum II GC's preferable.
- Good troubleshooting and analysing skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan