Airframe Stress Engineer - Bristol
Due to growth, Belcan are looking for Airframe Stress Engineers at various levels of seniority to join our growing team in Bristol.
The Stress Engineer will perform static stress or fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of concessions, modifications and repairs to a variety of airframe structures and systems installations projects for customers within both the Aerospace and Defence industries. It is expected that the Stress Engineer may be involved in various aspects of stress, lifing and integrity analyses for both static and rotating components. These assessments may range from traditional hand-calculations to 3D FEA analysis with both elastic and inelastic assessments being considered.
It is expected that the Stress Engineer will be comfortable working in an Engineering Services environment and will be able to balance the technical challenges of the task with the commercial and
project time scale associated with delivery.
- Supporting team leader to define approach, time scales and hours associated with tasks.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong technical capabilities in several aspects of stress, lifing and integrity analyses.
- Experienced in Airframe Structures and/or Systems Installations in an Commercial Aircraft or Military Air/Fast Jet environment.
- Experience in Metallic and/or Composite stress and F&DT analysis.
- Experience with Stress Analysis and FEA Software such as Abaqus, Patran, Nastran as well as hand calculation methods.
- Comprehensive tool set knowledge.
- Experienced in working within flexible teams.
- Able to discuss and communicate on highly technical aspects, both internally and with Belcan clients.
- Can self-check work, request assistance where required and deliver quality output.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Due to the nature of the work, successful applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction and be in a position to obtain UK Security Clearance to BPSS and/or SC Level dependant on the work package minimum security baseline requirements.
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan