Aerostructure Stress Engineer
Belcan are looking for Stress Engineers to join our growing team in Bristol.
The Stress Analysts will carry out a variety of assessments to determine the mechanical integrity and life of a component or assembly for Aerostructures. It is expected that the analyst may be involved in various aspects of stress, lifing and integrity analyses for both static and rotating components. These assessments may range from traditional hand-calculations to 3D FEA analysis with both elastic and inelastic assessments being considered.
It is expected that the stress analysts will be comfortable working in an Engineering Services environment and will be able to balance the technical challenges of the task with the commercial and
project timescale associated with delivery.
- Supporting team leader to define approach, timescales and hours associated with tasks
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong technical capabilities in several aspects of stress, lifing and integrity analyses.
- Experienced in Aerostructures and methods
- Experience with Stress Analysis and FEA Software such as Abaqus, Patran, Nastran, Hyperworks, Ansys, SC03, DARWIN, Python and Siemens NX as well as Hand Calcs
- Comprehensive toolset knowledge
- Experienced in working within flexible teams.
- Able to discuss and communicate on highly technical aspects, both internally and with Belcan clients.
- Can self-check work, request assistance where required and deliver quality output
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Perk Box
- Life Assurance
- Training and Career Development
Due to the nature of the work, successful applicants must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance
Founded in 1958, Belcan has become a global technological leader and established go to Engineering Services provider, working within many industries including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Nuclear, Automotive and Cyber Security with over 10,000 professionals serving hundreds of customers in over 60 locations worldwide.
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan