A320 Industrial Project Manager
Contract duration: Until the end of 2022 - Possibility of extension (Inside IR35)
Hourly rate: £35.00 Umbrella OR £26.45 PAYE
Belcan Workforce Solutions are working with one of the world's leading aerospace manufacturers to find an Industrial Project Manager to work within the Wing Value Stream Management (VSM) organization to ensure that all changes in the Supply chain are integrated and robustly managed. This is in order to secure the continuity in the flow of parts required by the plants or the Final Assembly Lines (FALs) to assemble the wings for the Single Aisle (SA) Programme.
You will be representing the Programme in the Procurement commodities with the mission to support the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) in defining the commodity strategy, to enable the relevant projects according to the Programme priorities, and to contribute to the management of the supplier performance.
This role will involve business travels in UK but also in Europe, so you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the definition of the Procurement Commodity strategy, securing the consideration of the SA Programme and VSM requirements, and the development of a corresponding roadmap
- Supporting the MFT in charge of the call for tenders, by getting the appropriate Key Business terms validated, contributing to the assessment of the bidders' answers as well as the definition of a MFT recommendation and buy-off by the relevant Programme/VSM stakeholders
- Monitoring the supply chain projects (in particular ramp-up and transfers of work) to secure a robust implementation through the relevant methodology (APQP, LBIP), identifying and mitigating the risks in order to avoid any disruption in Broughton
- Ensuring the evaluation of the change requests for minor product modifications related to wing components and a decision making for preparing the industrialisation (CDR, Maturity board)
- Monitoring of the major product modifications led by the A320 Programme Development Team, securing robust cut-over plans are in place before hand-over to serial operations.
- Engineering degree in Aeronautic, Mechanical (or equivalent)
- Experience in industrial and quality management systems
- Experience in project management with strong organisational skills (experience in product change management or transfer of work would be a plus)
- Financial awareness
- Ability to analyse complex problems, evaluate alternative solutions and set recommendations
- Ability to lead a multifunctional team to address an operational issue within limited timescales
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan